Tuesday 5 May 2009

Tuesday 5th May 09

I've finished the socks I was knitting. They fit really well and are lovely and comfortable. I've joined the Ravelry knitting forum and have read so many tips and new knitting ideas about casting on and finishing off and patterning. These socks were knitted from the cuff down but after reading up about socks I'm keen to knit some from the toe up and to use a different heel and toe arrangement and a 'magic' casting on method. I think I'll still stick to a plainish pattern for now until I get a bit more confident with the shaping.

5 comments:

  1. I keep seeing people knitting socks and it's giving me an urge to try it. I haven't knitted for donkeys years though. May have to start with a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous socks. They look really cosy. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so clever! I can't knit at all! well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Joan - those socks look great. I have not knitted since the children were little - perhaps I should get my needles out again now.

    ReplyDelete