Sunday 25 January 2009

Sunday 25th January 09

I didn't take this photo. My grandson did. We went over to see Dad this morning and I was trying to take a photo of both of my grandchildren sat in this chair, but Sophie wouldn't play! I managed to get them individually, but not together. Harry wanted to take some photos so I let him have a go. He copied me..........and took photos of the chair but with no-one in it! "Where am I," he said, when I showed him what he had taken.

This chair was bought for my Dad circa 1957 when he came out of a very long stay in hospital and couldn't sit in a low chair (still can't). It was made by Parker Knoll and was originally brown & orange moquette, but has been re-upholstered in more recent times. Last year I persuaded Dad to get an automatic reclining chair for the living room because he always looked so uncomfortable in this one when he had his naps in the afternoon. He loves his new chair and this one has been relegated to the back room and so is still in frequent use when he reads the newspaper in the morning. The cushion is one of many that my Mum made to use up oddments of wool.
.

2 comments:

  1. Cute comment by your grandson. Lovely photo with a lot of memories too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story, love the 'Where am I?'.

    ReplyDelete