Tuesday 17 March 2009

Tuesday 17th March

I'm not a great fan of Altered Art, but last weekend at my club our leader did a class to make this mirror. It started life as a 99p black framed mirror from Ikea, and in the space of an afternoon turned into this wonderful, decorated work of art. We used crackle glaze, paint, stamping, and embossing together with a couple of rub-ons and some Stickles. When I got home I added some dots of Glossy Accents between the squares just to finish it off.
I haven't yet worked out how to take a photo of a mirror without getting the camera in it!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mirror Joan - well done. I would not know how to take a photo of it either without the camera showing - unless you lay down on you tummy and did a close up shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely, it is amazing what can be done to ordinary plain things, to make them special.

    ReplyDelete